Spouse/Partner Visas

What is a Spouse/Partner Visa?

If you currently reside outside of the United Kingdom and wish to join your Spouse or Partner in the UK, you can apply for a Spouse/Partner based Visa or if you are already in the United Kingdom you can make an application to extend your stay in the UK. The Spouse/Partner Visa allows an Applicant from outside the EU who are married or in a relationship with a British national or those who hold settled status in the UK to enter or remain in the UK with their spouse/partner.

What are the main requirements for a Spouse/Partner Visa?

Each case is decided on its own merits and we would therefore advise for any individual considering this visa route to the UK to book a Consultation with our Spouse Visa Solicitors to obtain advice specific to your particular needs.

However, we have briefly outlined the requirements an individual will need to satisfy in order to obtain a visa to enter the UK as the Spouse/Partner of a British Citizen/Settled Status holder.
Spouse/Partner Visa
Spouse/Partner Visa
An Applicant has to show they are in a genuine and subsisting marriage/relationship with a British citizen, a person present and settled in the UK or someone who is in the UK with refugee leave or with humanitarian protection who is referred to as a Sponsor. The Sponsor will need to show that they can accommodate and financially maintain the Applicant. The Sponsor will need to demonstrate that they earn £18,600 per year (more if there are dependent children involved). The Applicant will further need to show that they have sufficient command of the English Language.

How can we help?

At Cranbrook Legal, our team provides a simple, yet efficient bespoke service to each and every case we handle. We walk you through the application process step by step to ensure your successful Spouse Visa Application. Our Solicitors are experienced in preparing successful applications for an individual looking to join their Spouse/Partner in the UK. For any queries, you can get in touch with us. As the leading Spouse Visa Solicitors in London, we are here to offer you expert advice.