Tier 4 (General) Visa

What is a Student Tier 4 Visa?

This visa is also commonly referred to as a “Student” Visa. If you are an International Student from outside the EU, wish to study in the United Kingdom and are over the age of 16 you may be eligible to study in the UK. The Education Institution you wish to study at must issue the Applicant with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) and the Applicant will need to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves whilst in the UK.

What are the main requirements for a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa?

Each case is decided on its own merits and we would therefore advise for any individual considering this visa route to the UK to book a Consultation with our Student Tier 4 Visa Solicitors to obtain advice specific to your particular needs.

However, we have briefly outlined the requirements an individual will need to satisfy in order to obtain a Student visa to enter and study in the UK.
Tier 4 (General) Visa Solicitors
Tier 4 (General) Visa Solicitors
The Education Institution that you wish to study at must hold a valid Sponsor Licence and must have been granted a Highly Trusted Status. The Institution must issue the Applicant with a CAS. The Applicant must also be able to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves. Tuition fees are on average £12,000 per year but can range from £8,000 to £36,000. You will also need to show that you have £1,265 for each month of your studies (up to a maximum of nine months) to pay for living costs if you study in inner London. Therefore, if you will be studying in inner London for a course lasting nine months or more, the maximum amount that you will need is £11,385 in savings. This applies to all students looking to study in London.

You will be considered to be studying ‘in London’ if you are studying at the University of London, or at institutions wholly or partly within London, or in areas on the border of London such as parts of Essex, Hertfordshire and Surrey. If you are not sure if your institution is considered to be ‘in London’ you should check with your university.

How can we help?

At Cranbrook Legal, our team provides a simple, yet efficient bespoke service to each and every case we handle. We walk you through the application process step by step to ensure your successful Tier 4 (General) Student Visa Application. Our Solicitors are experienced in preparing successful applications for an individual looking to study in the UK. For any queries, you can get in touch with us. As the leading Tier 4 (General) Student Visa Solicitors in London, we are here to offer you expert advice.