Tier 2 Health and Care Worker Visa

Specialist Health & Social Care Immigration Lawyers

Request A Call Back Now

✓ Valid number ✕ Invalid number

What is a Health and Care Worker Visa?

The Tier 2 Health and Care Visa was introduced in August 2020 and is aimed at applicants looking to work in the UK as health and care professionals. The eligible occupations listed under this Visa were initially considered under the Shortage Occupation List of the Tier 2 (General) Visa, however the Government has decided to specifically target these occupations to streamline and expedite the process given the outbreak of Covid-19. Some of the occupations listed are, but not limited to the following:

  • Medical Practitioners
  • Dental Practitioners
  • Ophthalmic Practitioners
  • Nurses
  • Midwives
  • Biological Scientists

The UK’s immigration law can be complex and difficult to navigate. You will also have been set a start date for you to start work in the UK. Why not allow Cranbrook Legal to ensure a successful visa application, especially where you cannot risk your application being refused by the Home Office.

Cranbrook Legal offers an unrivalled, cost efficient and easy process of obtaining your Visa to come and work in the UK. We take you through the application process ensuring that you have the appropriate documents and guide you through the online application form.

Cranbrook Legal has reputation for being understanding, tenacious and flexible in dealing with its clients to ensure the best result possible.

Some Of Our Recent Success Stories

Requirements & Eligibility for Health and Care Worker Visa

To be considered under this Visa category, you must:

  • Be over the age of 18
  • Have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for your job
  • Have a job that is on the list of selected occupations
  • Be paid the minimum salary for that job
  • Confirm that your employer has paid the Immigration Skills Charge
  • Have passed the English Language Test to at least Level B1
  • Prove that you have enough money to support yourself
  • Provide a Criminal Record Certificate

What Documents are needed for a Health and Care Worker Visa?

Below are the type of documents that would be needed for a Health and CareWorker Visa. The list is not definitive as you may need more documents depending on your job role. You should therefore look to provide the following:

  • Certificate of Sponsorship from a UK based Medical Organisation
  • Academic Certificates
  • CV
  • Draft Employment Contract
  • Bank Statement
  • English Language Certificate

What Our Customers Say About Us?

Why Use Cranbrook As Your Immigration Solicitor?

We Are Dedicated

We Are Committed

We Are Professional

We Are Result Driven

We Are Strategic Thinkers

We Are Commercially Aware

Contact our Immigration Solicitors In London on 0208 215 0053 or
via info@cranbrooklegal.com to make your enquiry.

What Our Customers Say About Us

Featured In

How can we help you with your Health and Care Worker Visa?

  • We provide you a bespoke documents list relevant to your application
  • We liaise with your employer to get the right documents from them
  • We work with you to understand your employment history
  • We advise on your Health and Care Worker Visa
  • We prepare strong & detailed legal representations for your Visa Application
  • We advise on Extension and Settlement Applications
  • We are UK qualified Solicitors regulated by the SRA

Speak To A Lawyer Now

✓ Valid number ✕ Invalid number

Tier 2 Health And Care Worker Visa FAQ’s

1. How long is the Health and Care worker Visa valid for?

This Visa can be valid for up to 5 years.

No, Health and Care Worker Visa holders are exempt.

Yes, your Spouse and children can enter the UK as your dependents.

You can switch into this Visa, however you cannot switch into this category if you currently hold one of the following visas:

  • Visit visa
  • Short-term student visa
  • Parent of a Child Student visa
  • seasonal worker visa
  • domestic worker in a private household visa

Yes, you are allowed to work for another employer. However you can only work an additional 20 hours per week in the same occupation code and level as your main job. You must also continue to work in your main job.

Yes, but you will need to apply again.

No, however you will need UKNARIC to confirm your Qualification was taught to the required level for the Skilled Worker Visa.

If you are applying for a Visa which will be valid for 3 years, the fee is £232. If your visa will be valid for more than 3 years, the fee is £464. Some European Nationals may be eligible for a reduced fee of £55.

How Can We Help You?

I would like to speak to Cranbrook Legal on the telephone.

0208 215 0053

I do not know what my immigration needs are and need to discuss my requirements.

Book A Free Consultation

I know what my immigration needs are, so I would to discuss my case.

Book An Appointment