Tier 2 (General) Visa Extension Immigration Solicitors

Request A Call Back Now

What is a Tier 2 (General) Visa Extension?

If you are currently employed in the UK with a Tier 2 (General) Visa, it is likely that your visa will be limited and will need to be extended in order to continue to work and live in the UK lawfully.

The visa extension process for Tier 2 (General) Visa workers was changed in December 2020, when the Tier 2 (General) visa category was closed to new applications, and replaced with the Skilled Worker visa.

Under the new rules, Tier 2 (General) visa holders can apply to extend their period of leave, but the extension will be processed under the new Skilled Worker category.

You may feel that having already obtained the initial visa, when it comes to the extension application you do not need legal assistance. This is the wrong attitude to take.

During our consultations, we note that clients are unaware of the subtle tweaks in the Immigration Rules between the initial application and the extension application. At Cranbrook Legal we work with you to understand how your circumstances meet those subtle changes which you may not be aware of. This can save you both time, efforts and money in the long run as well as keeping you on track for Settlement/Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

Cranbrook Legal has reputation for being understanding, tenacious and flexible in dealing with its clients to ensure the best result possible.


To be considered under this Visa category, you must show that:

  • You are working in the same role as before;
  • You are working under the same SOC code;
  • You are working with the same employer
  • You are being paid the minimum salary requirement

What Our Customers Say About Us?

Some Of Our Recent Immigration Success Stories

Why Use Cranbrook As Your Immigration Solicitor?

We Are Dedicated

We Are Committed

We Are Professional

We Are Result Driven

We Are Strategic Thinkers

We Are Commercially Aware

Contact our Immigration Solicitors In London on 0208 215 0053 or
via info@cranbrooklegal.com to make your enquiry.

What Our Customers Say About Us

Featured In

How can we help you with your Tier 2 Visa Extension?

  • We provide you with a Documents list relevant to your Application
  • We review your documents and provide you with full feedback
  • We liaise with your Employer to obtain the relevant documents from them
  • We work with you to guide you through the application
  • We can prepare your Application on a priority basis
  • We can advise you on your future ILR Application

Speak To A Lawyer Now

Tier 2 (General) Visa Extensions FAQ’s

1. Does my Employer still need a Sponsor Licence?

Yes, your employer will still need a Sponsor Licence. Without this, you cannot extend your Visa with this employer?
You will need to pay £704 to extend this visa. You will need to pay for the Immigration Health Surcharge. If your job is on the Shortage Occupation List, the cost of the Visa Application will be £464.
Yes, they can extend their Visas in line with your Visa.
It usually takes them around 8 weeks.

How Can We Help You?

I would like to speak to Cranbrook Legal on the telephone.

0208 215 0053

I do not know what my immigration needs are and need to discuss my requirements.

Book A Free Consultation

I know what my immigration needs are, so I would to discuss my case.

Book An Appointment