Fiancé Visa UK

Place your faith in our award-winning and highly capable immigration solicitors when you are interested in submitting a UK Fiancé visa application. We will hold your hand at every stage of the process to help ensure you are approved for this visa.

Our Success Stories

Google Reviews Feefo Reviews The Law Society

Apply For A UK Fiancé Visa

If you would like to move to the UK to join your UK-based partner as their fiancé or fiancée, our central London-based immigration experts at Cranbrook Legal can assist you with the process of securing a UK Fiancé visa.

The Fiancé visa category enables partners intending to enter a civil partnership or marriage in the UK to apply for Home Office approval to do this.

Our dedicated Fiancé visa solicitors have excellent success rates when it comes to helping people of a wide range of backgrounds and circumstances to obtain a fiancé visa for the UK. With our help, you can be confident of soon starting a new life with your partner in the UK. For further information about this service, please call 0208 215 0053 today.

How can you help me get a UK Fiancé Visa?

The process of attempting to secure a visa to join your partner in the UK can be an overwhelming and confusing one without the right professional advice and assistance.

Our award-winning London immigration lawyers can guide you through the preparation and submission of a UK Fiancé visa application. We can provide you with tailored help and advice in relation to the Fiancé visa UK financial requirements, and every other aspect of applying for and securing this visa.

Not only do we take great pride in the progressive and dynamic mindset of our central London-based Fiancé visa lawyers, but we also have a strong track record of helping our clients to get Home Office approval for this visa.

We are committed to helping the partners of people presently based in the UK to obtain the visa that will enable them to lead rewarding lives with their fiancé in the UK. For your financial certainty and peace of mind, we also operate on a ‘fixed fee’ basis, with any charges being agreed at the outset of your relationship with us.

Arrange your consultation today with our Fiancé visa solicitors, and we will be pleased to listen to your concerns and outline how we can help you.

What is a Fiancé Visa?

There used to be a specific visa known as the UK Fiancé visa. More recently, however, this visa category has been effectively subsumed into the more general ‘partner’ subset of the family visa process in the UK.

If, then, you are looking to live with your partner in the UK as their fiancé, even if you are successful in your application for a visa to join them, you will only be granted permission to enter the UK for an initial six months. You would then be expected to get married to your fiancé – the one named in your visa application – during those six months.

Once you have then got married to your partner, you will have the right to apply to vary your visa to a Spouse visa while in the UK. This means you will not have to return to your home country to make the Spouse visa application.

Why Customers Love Us ?

What are the requirements for a UK Fiancé Visa?

Save for the expectation that applicants will be fiancés or proposed civil partners seeking entry to the UK to enable their marriage or civil partnership to take place, the requirements for a UK Fiancé visa application are broadly the same as those for any other partner visa.

This means that – as with any other UK partner visa application – you and your partner will both need to be at least 18 years of age.

In addition, your partner will need to either:

  • Be a British or Irish citizen
  • Have settled in the UK – for instance, they have indefinite leave to remain, settled status or proof of permanent residence
  • Be from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein and have pre-settled status – they must have begun living in the UK prior to 1 January 2021
  • Have a Turkish Businessperson visa or Turkish Worker visa
  • Have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK

You and your partner must also intend to live together permanently in the UK following your application for the Fiancé UK visa.

However, unlike the situation for other partners seeking a visa, as an applicant for the Fiancé visa for the UK, you must also be able to prove that you are a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner who will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within six months of your arrival.

If the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic results in a delay to your wedding or civil ceremony, you might still have the option of requesting an extension to your time in the UK. Naturally, the latest situation can be fast-moving and unpredictable, so if this might apply to you, we would urge you to seek advice from our specialist fiancé visa solicitors.

Those lodging a UK Fiancé visa application will also be expected to prove that they have good English language knowledge and are able to financially support themselves once they arrive in the UK. In addition, they will need to prove that any previous marriages or civil partnerships of theirs have ended.

Another key requirement for those looking to obtain a visa for a fiancé in the UK, is proving that the relationship is genuine. To this end, the Home Office expects applicants to send evidence confirming their relationship with their partner – for example, that they live together or share expenses.

This evidence of a genuine relationship must cover the length of your relationship, and should come from the government, a bank, landlord, utility provider, or a medical professional. Examples of documents that could help prove you and your partner’s relationship include:

  • A tenancy agreement, utility bills or council tax bills confirming that you pay bills together or live at the same address
  • A bank statement from a joint bank account, or confirming that you live at the same address
  • A letter from your doctor or dentist confirming that you live at the same address

If you lack evidence that meets the above criteria for proving the relationship is genuine, there is other evidence the Home Office might permit you to provide. Examples of such evidence could include:

  • A one-off bill, such as home repair costs or vet’s fees
  • Letters confirming that you and your partner are on the voting register for the same address
  • Student finance paperwork confirming that you and your partner reside at the same address

As long as they are provided in addition to the documents outlined above, such things as greetings cards, receipts, photographs, travel tickets, or text or social media messages may serve as further evidence of a genuine relationship helping you to meet the Fiancé visa UK requirements. For more advice and guidance on this and the other requirements, please call 0208 215 0053.

What documents are needed for a Fiancé Visa Application?

As an applicant for this visa route, you will need to provide certain information and documents to show that you meet the Fiancé visa requirements.

You can expect to be required to provide all the below information:

  • All your names
  • Your date of birth
  • Your current passport or other valid travel ID
  • Copies of the photo page and any visa or entry stamps in your previous passports
  • A copy of your biometric residence permit if you have one
  • Details of any immigration applications you have previously made
  • Details of any criminal convictions
  • Your national insurance number if you have one
  • Your parents’ birth date and nationality, if your UK Fiancé visa application is being made from outside the UK
  • Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where taking the test is necessary
  • A certified translation of any document in a language other than English or Welsh

If you are applying from outside the UK, you will also require a blank page in your passport on which to put the visa.

The Fiancé visa requirements also include providing proof of your finances and your English language knowledge.

There are other documents that you may need to supply when you are seeking a Fiancé UK visa; you will be informed of how to submit your documents when you make an application.

To learn more about the process of applying for this visa, including the documents and information the Home Office will expect you to provide, please do not hesitate to book a consultation with our Fiancé visa lawyers in central London.

Why Choose Us For Your Fiancé Visa UK?

We Are Dedicated

We Are Committed

We Are Professional

We Are Result Driven

We Are Strategic Thinkers

We Are Commercially Aware

Contact our Immigration Solicitors In London on 0208 215 0053 or
via to make your enquiry.

What Our Customers Say About Us

How Can We Help You?

I would like to speak to Cranbrook Legal on the telephone.

0208 215 0053

I do not know what my immigration needs are and need to discuss my requirements.

Book A Free Consultation

I know what my immigration needs are, so I would to discuss my case.

Book An Appointment