Service Supplier Visa

The Service Supplier visa exists to help workers come to the UK if they have formed a contract with a UK-based company to provide a service. These workers will be either contractual employed or self-employed service providers that are brought over by a UK business to perform a temporary job.

Our Success Stories

Google Reviews Feefo Reviews The Law Society

Service Supplier Visa for the UK

The UK Service Supplier visa is a subcategory of the Global Business Mobility visa, and is there to assist with finding the right workers through one of the country’s international trade obligations. Although this route will not allow the employee to settle in the UK, it is useful for workers from abroad who wish to come over to fulfil a work engagement.

Right now, the UK is looking for different ways to expand its economy. This is why the Government has been interested in finding new ways for global talent to come over to help grow businesses that are situated in the UK. One of the main ways is by introducing the contractual service supplier visa UK application, as well as theService Supplier visa UK process.

If you are an employee of a business abroad, and you are working with companies in the UK, you could come over to pursue temporary work with a UK company through a Service Supplier visa. Through this UK Service Supplier visa, you can also bring children and partners with you. In other words, you can bring people along who are financially dependent on you.

Here at Cranbrook Legal, we have Service Supplier visa lawyers that are ready to help you obtain your visa as quickly as possible. We understand that the process behind obtaining a UK Service Supplier visa can be quite stressful. Not only do you have to sort through a variety of paperwork, but if you do not have experience in the immigration sector, you may naturally feel overwhelmed. That’s why it’s useful to have an experienced immigration solicitor that can guide you through the application process.

Not only will Cranbrook Legal’s lawyers handle your case with a dynamic and progressive mindset, but you will see that our collective 25 years of experience in the immigration sector will make the process feel a lot smoother and easier to understand. If you are interested in pursuing the Service Supplier route, why not book a consultation with our immigration team to learn more? They can help you understand whether or not this is the right visa for you.

Find out more about how Cranbrook Legal can support you by calling 0208 215 0053. You can also visit our website to learn more about a variety of visas that are available to help you come to the UK.

Recent Sole Representative Visa Success Stories

How can we help you obtain a Service Supplier visa?

When it comes to the broader Global Business Mobility visa route, UK Government officials have stated that there are a variety of routes that fall under it. These all depend on the type of worker you are, and the specific skills that you possess. This visa is slightly more complicated, compared to the other routes that are neatly laid out for applicants to undertake. This is why it is crucial that you work with Cranbrook Legal to find the best category of visa for you.

As we stated previously, Cranbrook Legal has around 25 years of experience when it comes to the immigration sector. We are located in the heart of London and have already helped a variety of businesses and workers obtain their visas. The UK Government is trying to expand its economy; therefore, we are determined to help you be a part of this and establish your business’s identity within the UK.

With that said, two of the most useful things that our solicitors can do is provide you with advice and assist you with your paperwork. For any type of visa, it’s crucial that you have the right documentation and paperwork sorted out before you apply. That way, you can simplify the application process for a Service Supplier visa.

An immigration solicitor can help keep you organised and will make sure that there are no mistakes within your application. As our team are extremely experienced when it comes to the immigration sector, they will know what problems to expect, and can ensure that small mistakes are caught before they potentially invalidate your application.

Another way that your Service Supplier visa solicitor can help you with your visa is in relation to advice. If you are sadly rejected for the visa, or feel unsure about whether or not this is the right visa for you, they can discuss it with you. You can ask them any questions that are on your mind, and they will make sure to give you advice that is tailored towards your personal situation. That way, you can feel comfortable and confident with the whole settlement process.

Let’s take a moment to talk about the process. Essentially, after you have completed your initial consultation, preparations will be made with the UK’s Home Office/Visas&Immigration team. Once your solicitor has the paperwork in hand, they will go over it with you and help you fill it out. They will also advise you on what documentation will support your visa application. Once this process has been approved by both the applicant and the lawyer, your documentation will be sent off. You will then either be accepted or rejected.

Put your confidence in Cranbrook Legal. Our specialists will always be there to support you in your journey through the immigration application process.

What is a Service Supplier visa?

The Service Supplier visa, or the Global Business Mobility visa, is there to allow workers to come from abroad to the UK to pursue work with an established company in the country.

These workers can be contractors that are employed by a company that is abroad;however, they can also be self-employed. Either way, depending on their level of skill, they are coming over to provide services to a UK-based company. Therefore, they will require a visa that will allow them temporary settlement within the country.

In some cases, to use this visa, you will be asked to adhere to the points-based system. This system means that you have to acquire a certain number of points, for instance through your level as a worker, your education, your background and understanding of the English language.

The broader Global Business Mobility visa category is split into five different routes. Each of these routes require the employee to be at a certain level of experience to apply.

The five types of Global Business Mobilityvisas are as follows:

  • Senior/Specialist Worker: these are employees that are brought from overseas to work in a company as a specialist in a certain field, or as senior manager that has been brought in to help the UK-based company with organisational or temporary tasks.
  • Graduate Trainee: these are entry-level workers who have been placed on a graduate training course or are gaining experience in relation to the expansion of a UK-based company. The Graduate Trainee may have this as a normal job or work experience.
  • UK Expansion Worker: this type of employee comes from abroad and has an aim to try and expand the business within the UK. They may work in a similar capacity to a senior/ specialist worker.
  • Service Supplier: these are contractual or self-employed workers that come from abroad to undertake a specific task. The task will fall under one of the UK’s trade agreements and the terms will be agreed properly between the employer abroad and the UK-based business.
  • Secondment Worker: this type of worker will undertake a temporary assignment where the worker will be seconded within the UK. This will be stated in their high-value contract or investment made through their employers.

As you can see, each of these types of workers are brought over to deal with a certain job. This type of support could be in any type of career. Whether it is through contractual construction, labour, or HR management, sometimes a little extra help is needed from those who work abroad. That way, they can bring their skillsets to the UK in order to give different businesses a boost in the right direction.

If you think your aspirations and requirements are relevant to this visa, you can speak to Cranbrook Legal’s Service Supplier visa solicitors to understand whether or not this is the right immigration route for you.

What are the requirements for the Service Supplier visa?

If you are thinking about going down the Service Supplier route, it is crucial that you understand what would make you eligible for this visa. The types of documents you need to prove your eligibility will depend on the sort of job you are applying for.

If you are going for a more senior position for the Global Business Mobility visa, you will need more evidence than a graduate trainee. However, with that said, there are some similar requirements that will affect all five routes of the GBM visa, including the Service Supplier visa:

The requirements are:

  • You are over 18 years old
  • The job you have been offered is genuine
  • You are employed by an overseas company that is providing its services to a company in the UK. The UK company must act as a sponsor
  • You have already spent 12 months working for an overseas provider
  • Your employer and the UK-based business have a contract together that has been approved by the Home Office
  • You have a Certificate of Sponsorship
  • The job you are doing in the UK is at RQF Level 6 (aka. a graduate level) or you have a degree in your field
  • You will be financially independent and will not require public funds to sustain yourself while you are in the UK
  • You are able to provide proof of a TB certificate

When you submit documents that prove you meet all of these requirements, keep in mind that they will be checked over by the Home Office to ensure they are genuine.

As every personal circumstance behind a visa is different, you may find that you are asked for more evidence when it comes to your work credentials, including information about how long you have been at your job for, what your specific skillsets are, and the type of training you have undertaken to do a job. You may even be asked to provide evidence that you are able to train or manage people.

Speak to your solicitor about whether or not you actually fit the criteria for a Service Supplier visa. There may be cases where you suit a different type of worker/business visa more. Explore all of your options before you settle with one type of visa. Your immigration lawyer can help you do this.

What documents are required for the Service Supplier visa?

For the UK Service Supplier visa, you are going to need a number of documents to back up your application. Essentially, the documents will prove that you are an experienced employee that knows exactly what they are doing when they undertake specific work within the UK.

To start with, you will need your basic documentation, including your passport, birth certificate and school/university graduation certificates. It is crucial that you also have your biometric documents sorted out before you travel over to the UK.

With that said, there are some more specific documents that you need for the Service Supplier visa. The first one is your Certificate of Sponsorship. This certificate will prove that you are being sponsored by a UK-based company with regard to work. If you want to access your certificate, it will be virtual and can be located on a sponsorship management system. Each certificate will have a reference number that can prove that the certificate belongs to you.

Make sure that your certificate has been available to you for three months before you complete your application. If you receive the certificate too early, your application may end up being rejected.

Keep in mind that you should also have worked for your employer, or your UK-based contractor, for at least 12 months before you come over to the UK. Try to find documentation that proves you did this, such as a wage-slip or a confirmation letter from your employers.

Why Customers Love Us ?

Is there a list of eligible jobs that I can choose from?

A variety of UK jobs can be undertaken on a Service Supplier visa. You may be contracted to work on a project by a UK employer, or you may be a self-employed worker that comes from abroad. It’s important that you check your job is eligible for you to be on this route. Your job should have a four-digit code that can be found on your Certificate of Sponsorship.

As of right now, you can use the broader Global Business Mobility visa category for the following jobs:

  • Senior Worker
  • Specialist Worker
  • Graduate Trainee
  • Service Supplier
  • Secondment Worker
  • UK Expansion Worker

These are the general titles for jobs available for the Global Business Mobility visa. However, more specific jobs include chemists, engineers, managers, manufacturers, executives, police officers, care specialists, scientists, software professionals, technology experts, pharmacists, psychologists, therapists, veterinarians, nurses, midwives, teachers, solicitors, judges and social workers.

These are only a few examples of the types of jobs that are eligible for the GBM visa. To learn more, visit the UK Government’s website and use your code to find out whether or not your job makes you eligible for the Service Supplier route.

Keep in mind that some jobs, like advertising, cooking, technical testing, management consultation, fashion and modelling, may not be on the list. This is due to the fact that they may have different requirements. Speak to your solicitor if you need help, should you fall into any of these career types.

Does my nationality impact my eligibility?

In some cases, your nationality may affect your eligibility for the Service Supplier visa. Firstly, if you are from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, you may need to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the deadline for this visa was during 2021, if you were a family member joining UK-based relatives or had “reasonable grounds” for missing the deadline, you could still use it to settle within the UK.

With that said, there is a Service Supplier nationality requirement when it comes to this type of visa. The requirements are:

  • You must already be a national within the country where you are employed
  • Your provided services must be covered in a general agreement under a commitment on trade in services
  • Your provided services must be covered in a commitment in temporary agreement between the UK and the Swiss Confederation
  • Your provided service is agreed between the UK-European trade union and a co-operation agreement

Why Choose Us For Your Service Supplier Visa?

We Are Dedicated

We Are Committed

We Are Professional

We Are Result Driven

We Are Strategic Thinkers

We Are Commercially Aware

Contact our Immigration Solicitors In London on 0208 215 0053 or
via to make your enquiry.

What are the costs of applying for a Service Supplier Visa?

When you work with our highly capable and skilled Service Supplier visa lawyers, you will be able to effectively budget for your visa application and ensure you are not paying any more than necessary.

If your employer/sponsor is willing to pay for your sponsorship, you should find that you will not need to pay for your living costs and, in the best circumstances, your visa in general. However, if you do need to pay for your Service Supplier visa, here is a rundown of the costs you may experience:

  • Application fee: ÂŁ259
  • Healthcare surcharge: ÂŁ624 per year
  • Initial finances to support yourself before arriving in the UK: ÂŁ1,270 for at least 28 days

It is crucial that you are able to support yourself in the UK; however, in some cases your employer may offer to pay for your expenses. Your Certificate of Sponsorship will prove that this is the case.

How can I apply for a Service Supplier visa?

With the help of a Service Supplier visa solicitor, you will feel confident when applying for the Service Supplier route.

In order to get started with your application, you must go online or have your solicitor go online for you to begin the “paperwork”. From there, you will need to collect the aforementioned documents to prove that you are eligible for this type of visa. You will also have to have your biometrics taken as proof of your identity. To have your biometrics taken, you can book an appointment at a visa application centre.

Once you and your solicitor have finished your application, you can send it in electronically to the UK Visas and Immigration team. You will then need to wait to see what the decision is on your application.

How long does it take to apply for the Service Supplier visa?

The amount of time needed to complete a Service Supplier visa application depends on the personal circumstances of the applicant. Not only will you need to collect your information, but it’s important to take your time with the application to ensure no mistakes are made.

When that is completed, it should take around three weeks to get a decision on your application. But keep in mind, there may be circumstances where it takes longer, such as if you have a criminal record or want to bring your family with you.

Can I switch into another visa category without returning to my home country?

As the Service Supplier visa is not a permanent solution when it comes to settling down in the UK, it is likely that you may need to switch visas in the future. There may also be times when you switch jobs, therefore you may need to re-apply for your visa.

You may not need to return to your home country if you apply for a different visa before your original expires. But keep in mind, you will need to update the visa with your new job code. You cannot start your new job until your visa category has been changed to suit it.

What Our Customers Say About Us

What length of visa will I be issued if successful?

If you have spent time in the UK previous to your Service Supplier visa, you can stay in the UK for up to five years, depending on the type of visa you received. With that said, the average time for a UK Service Supplier visa is:

  • 6-12 months depending on your trade contract
  • The visa length on your certificate + 14 days

What if my application is refused?

It can be extremely upsetting when your application for a UK Service Supplier visa is rejected. But don’t worry! You can re-apply for the same visa, or you can try again through a different visa pathway. Your solicitor will be there to let you know why you were rejected and how you can make important changes before you re-apply through the Service Supplier visa route.

Cranbrook Legal is here to help with your Service Supplier visa

Starting your Service Supplier visa application on your own can be a daunting process. This is why you should speak to an immigration specialist from Cranbrook Legal to ensure you are adequately supported when you get started on your application.

We are ready to help you. So, why not call our immigration team today on 0208 215 0053, or by using our consultation page. Our team of specialists is ready to help you move forward with your dreams of moving to or working in the UK.

Service Supplier visa FAQs

1. Can I apply for a Service Supplier visa if I am self-employed?

One of the best things about the Service Supplier visa is that it is designed to help workers come from abroad to provide services for UK businesses. Its main aim is to help UK businesses grow through the assistance of workers that may live abroad. Although it is only a temporary visa, it can be used by self-employed workers.

So, don’t be intimidated about applying for the Service Supplier visa if you are self-employed. As long as you have a valid international trade agreement, have a “Certificate of Sponsorship”, are working an eligible job, and have been working as self-employed for around 12 months, you will be able to apply for the Service Supplier visa. You will have the same chance as someone who works for a company.

As we have already discussed what could make you eligible for the Service Supplier visa, you may be wondering what could make you ineligible. After all, you may need to consider other pathways to come to the UK to work.

One of the main reasons why you may not be eligible for the Service Supplier visa is due to your job. To apply for this type of visa, you need to receive an occupation code from your UK sponsor to move forward. This four-digit code should be shown on your Certificate of Sponsorship. If you are not able to find this occupation code, you may struggle to obtain the Service Supplier visa, especially if you do not have the qualifications (such as a bachelor’s degree) needed to prove that you could work a specific occupation within the UK.

You may also become ineligible if:

  • You do not have around three years of work experience related to the job you want to undertake within the UK
  • You do not have six years of professional experience if you are currently self-employed
  • You do not have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship
  • Your work in the UK is not covered by a valid international trade agreement
  • Your UK sponsor has not been approved by the UK Government to sponsor you.

Speak to your solicitor if you are worried about something preventing you from coming to the UK on this type of visa. They can advise you on the best course of action to rectify this.

If you apply for the UK Service Supplier visa, your family (such as your partner and children) can come with you as “dependents”. They will need to have their own application, and evidence to back up their eligibility, but if they are successful, you will find that they will be able to come over to the UK on the same day that your visa begins.

If your job happens to change while you are in the UK on a Service Supplier visa, it is crucial that you update your visa as quickly as possible. It is likely that you will require a new occupation code to be placed on your Certificate of Sponsorship. You may also need to pay additional fees to update your visa.

Whether you are a worker for a large business, a small business or are self-employed, it is possible that you will be eligible for a Service Supplier visa. As long as you have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from a UK sponsor, and meet the other requirements, you will be able to use this visa to come to the UK.

Yes, you will be able to extend your Service Supplier visa if you:

  • Are still contracted with your UK sponsor to work on a certain project or job
  • Have qualifications that meet the minimum requirements of the visa
  • Have not yet reached the maximum stay of your contract

If you intend to extend your visa, you should make sure you are in the UK to complete the process, and that your dependents start their own visa applications

How Can We Help You?

I would like to speak to Cranbrook Legal on the telephone.

0208 215 0053

I do not know what my immigration needs are and need to discuss my requirements.

Book A Free Consultation

I know what my immigration needs are, so I would to discuss my case.

Book An Appointment