UK Investor Visa – Now Closed

Cranbrook Legal’s immigration solicitors are the commercially aware professionals to trust when you are looking to apply for a UK business visas. Ask us today about our complete service, built on 25+ years’ experience, that will help ensure the success of your application.

Our Success Stories

Google Reviews Feefo Reviews The Law Society

Tier 1 Investor Visa Lawyers

Our award-winning and experienced UK Investor Visa solicitors can assist you in preparing and submitting the most effective UK Tier 1 visa application.

The Tier 1 (Investor) visa is aimed at high-net-worth individuals interested in making a passive investment in active trading UK companies, in exchange for a visa initially lasting for three years and four months, or three years if processed in the UK.

Applicants for the UK Investor visa scheme are required to have at least £2,000,000 in investment funds, which must be invested in the UK at all times in qualifying investments, such as share capital or loan capital.

When you are looking to ensure the success of your application for this visa, don’t look further than our talented and commercially aware UK Tier 1 Investor Visa solicitors in central London.

Our UK Tier 1 visa lawyers have a dynamic and progressive mindset, and are dedicated to providing our clients with a first-class service. We project-manage all of our clients’ cases to help deliver a successful outcome. We also work with wealth management companies that can manage your investments, and offer fast-track routes to settlement in the UK. For more information, please call 0208 215 0053.

Recent UK Investor Visa Success Stories

How can you help me obtain a UK Tier 1 Investor Visa?

As experienced UK Tier 1 visa lawyers in London, we can project-manage your application for a UK Tier 1 Investor visa from start to finish.

We have a wealth of expertise and experience in business immigration law, and enjoy professional working relationships with important partners, including Wealth Management Companies that can help you to responsibly manage your Tier 1 Investor visa investments.

We’ll advise you on your options for a UK investment visa application, including for fast-track routes to settlement if this is desired. In the process, we’ll also help you avoid the mistakes that many can make when applying for an Investor visa in the UK.

Our UK Investor visa solicitors treat each and every case with care, dignity and total transparency, to help achieve the most successful possible outcome every time. We also take great pride in our clear and concise communication with clients, with all questions that our clients may have being answered clearly and accurately, so that they can make the most informed decisions.

What is a Tier 1 UK Investor Visa?

The Tier 1 Investment visa for the UK is a category of visa for high-net-worth individuals who are prepared to make a substantial financial investment in the UK. This visa route is available to applicants who are able to invest at least £2,000,000 in the UK, while meeting the other eligibility requirements.

The Tier One Investor visa is initially granted for three years and four months, or three years for those applying within the UK. Holders of the visa can apply for a further two-year extension, as long as they satisfy the requirements for this.

You may also apply for this visa with a view to eventually applying to settle in the UK (‘indefinite leave to remain’, or ILR). The number of years you need to wait before having a right to do this will depend on how much capital you invest.

What are the elegibility requirements for a UK Investor Visa?

You will only be eligible to apply for a UK Tier 1 Investor visa if you have at least £2,000,000 in investment funds. Prospective applicants must also be 18 years of age or older, and be able to prove that the money belongs to them or their husband, wife, or unmarried or same-sex partner.

As an applicant for the Tier 1 Investor visa, you are also required to have opened an account at a UK-regulated bank to use for your funds. Your funds must be held in one or more regulated financial institutions, in addition to being free to spend (‘disposable’) in the UK.

What documents are needed for a Tier 1 Investor Visa UK?

You must provide the following documents as part of your application for a Tier 1 Investor visa:

  • A current passport or other valid travel identification, with a blank page for your visa
  • Your tuberculosis test results, if you are from a country where it is necessary to take this test
  • A criminal record certificate from any country where you have stayed for a total of 12 months or more over the last 10 years
  • A letter to prove you have an account at a UK-regulated bank to use for your Tier 1 Investor Visa investments

The letter that you provide to show you have a UK bank account must:

  • Have been issued by an authorised official
  • Be dated no earlier than three months before your application
  • Be on the bank’s official headed paper
  • State your name and account number
  • Confirm you’ve opened the bank account in order to invest £2,000,000
  • Confirm the bank is subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
  • Confirm checks for money laundering have been undertaken

You will also be expected to provide evidence that you have the necessary investment funds. If the money used in your application is your own money, you should be able to show the amount of money you have, where it is presently being held, and where it came from, if you only acquired the funds less than two years ago.

As for if you are using your partner’s money in your UK Tier 1 visa application, you will be asked to provide the following documents:

  • A certificate of marriage or civil partnership, or – if you are unmarried or in a same-sex relationship – proof that you have been in a relationship for at least two years
  • A statement from your partner, confirming that they will permit you to control the funds in the UK
  • A letter from a legal adviser stating that it is a valid declaration

Additional documents may need to be provided in your application, depending on your circumstances. A certified translation will also need to be provided of any documents in a language other than English or Welsh.

Why Customers Love Us ?

Can you put me in touch with a Wealth Manager?

It is important, if you wish to invest in the UK in order to obtain a Tier 1 Investor visa, that you benefit from the very best advice from knowledgeable and experienced professionals. This will help ensure you satisfy and remain compliant with the complex Tier 1 Investor visa requirements, including as far as maintaining your investment is concerned.

We work with highly reputable Wealth Management Companies that can manage your Tier 1 Investor visa investments in accordance with the rules for this visa. It’s all part of our complete fixed-fee service.

What happens after I am granted a UK Investor Visa?

Once a decision has been made on your UK Investor visa application and you have been granted the visa, you will gain the benefits of holding this visa, including the ability to apply to switch or extend the visa if desired. If you do wish to switch or extend this visa, you should make your application before your current visa expires.

As a holder of the Tier 1 Investor visa in the UK, you will also have the option of your family members (‘dependants’) joining you in the UK. Please note, however, that each family member will need to apply for their own visa.

If you are applying for a Tier 1 Investor visa from outside the UK, you will also need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre, in order to obtain a biometric residence permit. You will then need to collect your biometric residence permit within 10 days of when you stated you would arrive in the UK, even if your actual date of arrival is later.

Why Choose Us For Your Investor Visa UK?

We Are Dedicated

We Are Committed

We Are Professional

We Are Result Driven

We Are Strategic Thinkers

We Are Commercially Aware

Contact our Immigration Solicitors In London on 0208 215 0053 or
via to make your enquiry.

How quickly can I get a Tier 1 Investor Visa?

The soonest you can apply for a Tier 1 Investor visa is three months before you travel to the UK. If, for example, you intend to travel to the UK on 15th June, you can lodge your application on 16th March at the earliest. You should be notified of the result of your visa application within three weeks.

If you already hold a visa and are applying in the UK to extend or switch it, you have the option of paying an additional £500 for the Home Office’s priority service. This will give you a decision on your application within five days. Once you receive a letter setting out the decision, it will take up to 10 working days for your biometric residence permit to arrive.

Is there a Fast Track to Settlement in the UK?

The Tier One Investor Visa presents a potential route to UK citizenship by investment. Investing £2 million through this visa route will entitle you to apply to settle in the UK (also known as being granted ‘indefinite leave to remain’, or ILR) after five years.

However, this period can be speeded up with greater investment. If you invest £5 million, you will be allowed to apply to settle after three years, while investing £10 million will mean just a two-year wait before you will be permitted to apply for ILR.

What Our Customers Say About Us

Investor Visa UK Frequently Asked Questions

1. What are the charges for a Tier 1Investor Visa?

The current Home Office fee to apply for a Tier 1 UK Investment Visa is £1,623. This same fee must be paid if you are applying to switch or extend your visa, as well as by anyone applying as a family member.

You will also be required to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application; you can visit the GOV.UK site to calculate the amount you will need to pay before you apply.

With regard to legal fees, we offer a fixed fee that we will agree with you at the outset of your application for an Investor visa in the UK. This will give you financial certainty, so that you can be confident taking your application forward, without having to worry about hidden charges or costs.

If you wish to use the Tier 1 Investor visa as a route to settling in the UK (‘indefinite leave to remain’), you must not spend more than 180 days outside the UK during any 12-month period.

When you apply for settlement, you will be expected to provide information about times of absence from the UK while on the visa, including the reasons for these absences. Whatever your reasons are, the absences will still count towards the maximum 180 days allowed, even if you were absent for work reasons or serious and compelling reasons.

The only exception to this rule would be if you spent time away from the UK helping with a national or international humanitarian or environmental crisis. If this is the case for you, evidence can be provided for this being the purpose of your absence.

Yes, they can – but they will need to make their own application for a visa, and pay the relevant fee. Adult family members will also be required to provide a criminal record certificate from any country in which they have lived for at least 12 months over the last 10 years.

A family member or ‘dependant’ is defined as any of the following:

  • Your husband, wife or partner
  • Your child under 18
  • Your child over 18, if they are currently in the UK as a dependant

Tier 1 Investor visa investments are subject to certain conditions. Once you have invested the initial £2,000,000 required as part of the Tier 1 Investor visa application process – or £5,000,000 or £10,000,000, if you wish to take advantage of one of the fast-track routes to ILR – this capital will need to remain invested for the duration of your stay in the UK.

This means that in the event of your investment being sold at a loss, you will need to buy a new investment at the price at which the investment was sold. If your investment is sold at a gain, you will – again – be required to purchase a new investment at the price the investment is sold for.

If, for instance, you purchase an investment within the £20,000,000 portfolio for £150,000, but at the time of its sale its value has fallen to £90,000, you will need to buy a new qualifying investment for a minimum of £90,000. Alternatively, if the £150,000 investment has gone up in value to £170,000 when it is sold, it will be necessary for a new qualifying investment to be purchased for at least £170,000.

Whenever an investment is sold, you will need to buy a new qualifying investment within six months or by the end of the next reporting period – whichever is sooner.

When you apply for the Tier 1 Investor visa, you will need to provide evidence that you have the required investment funds.

If the investment funds you are using in your application are your own money, this will include being able to show the amount of money and where it is being held. You should also be able to show where the money came from if you have had the funds for less than two years, and that – if the money is currently in another country – it can be transferred to the UK and converted to sterling.

When the funds of a partner are being used in a Tier 1 UK Investors visa application, it will be necessary to provide proof of a marriage or civil partnership, or proof that the applicant and their partner have been in a relationship for a minimum of two years. A statement from the applicant’s partner will also need to be provided, confirming that they will allow the applicant to control the funds in the UK, along with a legal adviser’s letter, setting out that the declaration is valid.

In order to be eligible for a Tier 1 Investor visa, the assets and investments that you use for your application must be wholly under your control.

The Home Office must have reason to believe you are genuinely in control of the investment funds specified in your application; it must be money that you are freely at liberty to invest. All money that is held by you or made available to you by a third party must also have been acquired by means of conduct that is lawful in the UK, or that would be lawful if this conduct occurred in the UK.

If your application does depend on a third party providing funds, the character, conduct or associations of any such third party should not be such that approval of the application would not be conducive to the public good.

Nor must the investment funds that you use in your application have been transferred internationally to the UK by means that are unlawful in any of the countries involved, including the source country, any transit countries, and the UK. For further information and advice from our solicitors on this and other aspects of your application, please call 0208 215 0053.

A successful application for the Tier 1 Investor visa will give you the right to stay in the UK, including to work or study, for up to three years and four months, or three years if your application is processed in the UK. This visa also provides a path to settlement in the UK, depending on how much you invest.

While the Tier 1 Investor visa gives you a general entitlement to work in the UK, you will not be permitted on this visa to work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach, or to obtain public funds.

Nor will you be permitted to work as a doctor or dentist in training, unless one of the following conditions applies:

  • You hold a primary degree at a minimum of bachelors level in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution that has a Student sponsor licence or is a UK-listed or recognised body
  • You worked as a doctor or dentist in training the last time you worked in the UK
  • You held a previous visa which did not include either of these conditions within its terms and conditions

As a holder of the Tier 1 Investor visa, you will also be able to apply to extend it for a further two years.

How Can We Help You?

I would like to speak to Cranbrook Legal on the telephone.

0208 215 0053

I do not know what my immigration needs are and need to discuss my requirements.

Book A Free Consultation

I know what my immigration needs are, so I would to discuss my case.

Book An Appointment